- Please telephone the surgery during opening hours.
- You will be offered the first available suitable appointment.
- You can request a GP telephone appointment.
- If you feel that your health needs are not being met quickly enough please request a triage appointment. The GP will telephone you no later than the next working day and assess your problem. The GP may then offer advice, arrange an Advanced Nurse Practitioner appointment, issue a prescription, arrange a routine GP appointment, arrange an appointment at the emergency surgery or arrange a housecall, depending on the assessment.
- If you request to be seen quickly you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice.
- If your doctor asks you to come back for review, please make an appointment at the reception desk before leaving. This will give you the continuity of care and save you telephoning nearer the time when appointments may not be available.Your doctor may decide to offer you a telephone review appointment. In this instance the GP will telephone you at an agreed time
If you need a doctor in an emergency situation during surgery hours please let the receptionist know. They will not realise the urgency of the call unless you say.
If you need an emergency at night or during weekend/public holiday please telephone 111. Your call will be dealt with by NHS 24 in partnership with Ayrshire Doctors on Call (ADOC)
How to ge the most from your appointment
- be prepared
- write down any questions beforehand
- make a note of any symptoms
- stay calm and don't be afraid to ask questions
- your doctor/nurse will be happy to explain things
- please be flexible about your appointment
- not all medicines are compatible with each other. You may be taking medication that affects your treatment - your doctor needs to know about them to help you
Please cancel any unwanted appointments. Please let us know if you are unable to attend, even at short notice. Several more appointments would be available each day if unwanted appointments were cancelled. Between 200 and 300 appointments are wasted each month because patients fail to cancel them.
Please telephone 464141 during practice hours to cancel unwanted appointments.