Rights and Responsibilities of Practice Patients
- Please treat your GP and their staff as you would expect to be treated
- We will not tolerate abusive or agressive language or behaviour towards any member of staff
- Please cancel appointments you cannot attend or no longer need - somebody else is always waiting
- Please think twice before calling a doctor to your home - is a visit really necessary?
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit the GP - good advice is often the best medicine
- A second opinion is not a right - but you can discuss it with your GP who knows when to seek extra help
- You can find basic health information elsewhere eg your pharmacist, NHS 24
- Please request your repeat prescriptions in good time - this will help avoid delays
- Please remember that doctors are only human - they cannot cure all your problems and illnesses
- If you have a genuine complaint or concern please contact the Practice Manager first
Help us to help you
We try to provide the best possible services for our patients. If you are aware of any situation where this can be improved please bring this to the attention of Mary Mitchell or Genevieve Hughes, Interim Practice Managers.